Friday, June 13

Just got back from lunch with Greg Cook (no relation), who continues to push the question "Why?" I'm getting better at answering it.

The ride to MGH and back was nice, quiet and for the most part uneventful. I did get asked to move along when I was trying to wait in a no stopping zone, but I was wrong and was wrong. I just didn't wat to circle so much because there was some construction on Cambridge Street and every time I stopped for pedestrians in the MGH loop someone would swing around me and nearly hit them. I wasn't into that.

On the way home I stopped to get flowers from the flower lady near the rotary. Is she a moonie? Here in Gloucester it seems that everybody who is involved with any sort of business that you don't know personally (or know someone who knows them) has potential to be a moonie. When I got home and Charlotte asked where I got the flowers, she said "oh, the moonie?" I don't know.

Anyway, I got a three gerber daisies: red, yellow and orange. They look like Mexico, Charlotte says. I'm trying to have flowers near where I am. Last night Catherine gave me some little roses. They are by the computer.

I was looking forward to another strawberry today but when I went to pick it the potato bugs had devoured one half of it. Buggerall.

No comments: