Monday, May 12

Monday, Monday. I can't seem to get a thing done.

Saturday turned out to be okay. The wedding ws nice. The party between the wedding and the reception was fine. The reception was definitely the 'a' package, if you know what I mean. Open bar for the first hour, an extra course, a better bad dj, etc. The bride was lovely and the old people got drunk and foolish.

On Sunday Greg and I went into Union Square to meet with the poetry people. I had a hard time when first met Greg because he has the same name as my former stalker, only he spells it with one g at the end. Greg is nothing like Gregg, but saying the name, or hearing 'Greg called' made me just do a little jump in my skin. It was also strange because I was engaged to be Amanda Cook, and Greg was Greg Cook. Gregg wanted to get married. So that I would have the same last name as Greg also felt odd to me. I should also point out that there is a clothing line called Amanda Smith, which is what my name would have been if I had married Gregg. My mother-in-law gave me a couple dresses with that label. That freaked me out more than the Greg thing. But I'm way over all of that now. Just blabbing.

Anyway, poetry people talked very little about poetry. It was a bit of a reaction to last week, when it was all talk about poetics. I gave Christina the leg warmers. Greg showen everybody his comic books. I should find a link to his work so you can see it.

I wasn't feeling so hot when we got home so I sat around and did nothing, just knit, until I talked myself out of going to see my mother. I know that was bad of me, it being Mother's Day and all, but I did call her and she wasn't expecting me to come. I made a pot of chili out of whatever I had around. I am nearly out of food. My canned goods now fit in one cubic foot and I don't have much else. The chili used my last can of tomatoes, red beans and black beans. I'll have to go food shopping soon, but I like letting everything run out every so often. I get to clean shelves and things that are usually too full to bother. As an added bonus, this is my way of proving that I won't let the terrorists win. No stock piling for me.

I made cornbread and the first salad of the season to use lettuce from the garden. Greg, James and I watched the Simpsons. I tried to watch White Teeth on PBS but got really annoyed. I went to bed and knit while listening to the Red Sox. I fell asleep with just two outs remaing in the top of the 9th and woke up with the recap of the game on. It was really confusing.

This morning I had breakfast with my Dad at Two Sisters. He doesn't seem to be doing too well, but not too badly either. It was good to see him. I got the oil changed, bought some flowers, then went to visit my Mother to give her the sweater vest I knit for her. She gave me a lovely painting of the flat rocks for my birthday.

Well, I am off to a scholarship meeting.

No comments: