Friday, July 23

Tired from the heat.  Rooms are cool at certain times, lights off and fans going.  Drink water.  Drink water.  Always boxes on the living room floor, always new boxes to replace those we have emptied. 

Gata sleeping mostly on the floor, water in the bedroom window by the street.  A strange mark with no fur near her nose, no idea how it got there.  She doesn't seem to mind it.  This window as good as the last and closer to the action. 

Dinner at P and A's last night, the boys talk about Leanord Cohen and those lines from Sisters of Mercy stick in my head- we weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be alright.  Girls into one room, boys in another, talking and talking.  Pavement in the kitchen. 

Went to Trader Joe's today with my sister and two boys.  One left here with James and two more playing elsewhere.   Food in the freezer for now or later.  Tomorrow maybe Farmer John's for fruits and veggies.  Kitchen stuff still unpacked and I have no idea where to put it.   Need a curtain for the window upstairs, may take out my sewing machine this evening.  Tired of not being able to do and tired of asking. 

Baby kicking something crazy today.  Belly moves as whomever shifts and I feel my insides pushed around.  When will the heat break?  Shoes didn't fit this morning and I don't know where the rest are.  Bags of sweaters upstairs, I can put them away.  Laundry has a place to go once it is folded.   Should I wash the sheets tonight or wait?  May go to bed very early....

Hoping for thunder.

 


No comments: